Friday, September 30, 2005

I'm sure I'll appreciate this when I'm 60

Okay, so I'm young...and sorority-looking-ish...and live in Nashville. That doesn't mean I AUTOMATICALLY go to Vandy. But I'm beginning to think I'll get that question until I'm at least 30.

On Monday, the gas station cashier asked what I was majoring in at Vandy.
(Which is admittedly better than the J. Alexander's waiter who told me he thought I was 16 when I asked for a glass of wine...)
Yesterday, a woman on the treadmill next to mine asked if I was in a sorority at Vandy. Several random guys in bars have tried to pathetically start conversations with, "So...you go to Vandy?"

It's exasperating. I'm running out of polite smiles.

I've actually graduated college, and am relishing being a young professional in a big city...and yet am repeatedly getting lumped back in with the multitude of sorostitutes tooling around in their Infinities. Girl can't get NO breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home