Monday, June 25, 2007

I Scream

I know this should be filed under "C" for "Crotchety", but I've just about had it with the friendly neighborhood ice cream vendor.

Firstly, why the HELL is there an ice cream truck tooting up and down Music Row in the first place? I can't imagine there are enough well-dressed professionals flying out of their offices clutching grimy dollar bills at the first sound of music to warrant it's presence. It needs to relocate to Brentwood or Belle Meade...or really anywhere other than here.

Secondly, whoever designed the damn thing must have been downright malicious. It plays the most excruciating track of carnival calliope music, punctuated by the occasional (demonic) little girl voice shouting, "HELLO!"

The first time I heard this, I thought it bizarre, yet amusing. But because it's returned every day since, I'm on the verge of doing something drastic.

Since I'm on the top floor of my office building, I have the unique advantage of a covert airborne attack. And believe me, I've thought of everything from homemade water balloons to borrowing my ten-year-old neighbor's paintball gun.

To be honest, at this point I'm not sure if I'll be able to sustain enough self-control to carry out a premeditated attack. I'm on the brink of just slamming my window open and screaming expletives at the offensive vehicle as it toots down the alley.

And just like that, the silly little childhood rhyme has a whole new meaning...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And why does every driver look like he just got turned down at central casting for the "Chester the Molester" role because he was too creepy looking?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Ha - I laughed out loud at this one. Love it.

"HellOOO!"

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we work in the same building???

Where you at, yo?

(cause obviously there's only one office building on the several streets known as Music Row :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I may regret this, but I work at the corner of 17th and Edgehill. (And for you creepo stalkers out there, good thing there are FOUR corners. Ha!)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home