Friday, September 21, 2007

Pops Rocks

Last night, I called my dad to vent about adult responsibilities (read: car maintenance) when we somehow got on the topic of youthful tomfoolery. And he started telling stories.

When my dad was my age, he played in a popular local band with none other than Dennis Haskins of Mr. Belding fame. (It's true. I've seen the pictures of Mr. Belding sporting bellbottoms and hair.)

Their band apparently had quite the cult following and they therefore "had an easy time with the ladies" (I didn't ask for specifics). Since the band members lived together, the party usually moved to their place after the shows ended and the bars closed.

Sometimes they'd legitimately be tired and want the groupie roadwhores to just go home. So instead of being upfront and simply asking the ladies to leave, they came up with hilarious schemes to discourage any more partying. My personal favorites are 1) drooling beer out of their mouths and then pretending to seize, 2) dumping buckets of water into the toilet while making horrible vomiting noises and 3) setting off the fire alarm.

No wonder I've been a troublemaker since day one. It's in my blood.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the one about the beer drool and then pretending to seize. I'm a teacher. I might try that in a meeting so I can go home early.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! men...wouldn't it have been less work if they just said...Get out!...Go home! Girls just say get out. I'm tired.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home