Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Sexy Ballet Man

In my opinion, everyone's sexual preference should be instantly apparent. It should be completely clear upon first meeting which team they bat for...mainly because it's awkward to be left guessing.

Case in point (pardon the pun): The Sexy Ballet Man...

My firm handles the PR for Nashville Ballet and I spend a lot of time touring media people around the studios. As a result, I've gotten to watch many fascinating rehearsals (where I inevitably find myself wishing I hadn't given up my ballerina aspirations at the age of 5). The girls are lithe and graceful and the men are, well...HOT. It's true! You'd expect them to be girly la las...but oh, no...they're some of the sweetest hunks of man-candy I've ever seen. And incredibly, about half of them are STRAIGHT.

It's pretty easy to pick out the guys who like guys...except for JP, who is the hottest of them all. He's about 6'4", dark hair, blue eyes, washboard abs...and let's just say he looks damn good in a pair of tights...and leave it at that.

I am utterly confused as to which way he swings. He gives off mixed signals. At first, I pegged him as gay. The main clues being that a) he used to bartend at a gay bar, b) he owns a turquoise thong and c) once admitted to me that he "would kill for a martini". Seems like conclusive proof, right? WRONG.

JP threw me for a loop. He suddenly started winking at me (and not "playful" winking either). Then he started catching my eye and giving me slow, seductive smiles. Then last week, he told me that it makes his day to see me at the studio. It's the most anti-gay interaction I've ever had with a supposedly gay man. I can't figure it out. I get flustered now when I see him because I don't know how to act. I'm on the verge of just coming right out asking him if he'd rather date Jude Law or Angelina Jolie.

But maybe I should get him drunk on martinis first...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home