Thursday, June 28, 2007

SINtillating

This might be the most judgmental thing that has ever come out of my mouth, but I have to say it...

I've come to the conclusion that I'll automatically have nothing in common with the type of female who lists under the "Favorite Books" section of Facebook, Myspace, etc. any variation of, "I really only like magazines! Oh, and the Bible!"

Ugh. The old Cosmo/Bible combo irritates me beyond belief. It's so oxymoronic, it's almost laughable.

50 Ways to Please Your Man...and Jesus!

Get to Know His Erogenous Zones...and Eternal Salvation!

Now, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against having faith and being open about that faith. And I'm definitely not saying that you can't have a passion for both makeup and the Lord.

However, I DO have a problem with flaunting your faith in an effort to appear "good" or "deep". And that's just what those types of profile descriptions convey.

Call me crazy, I simply have a hard time believing that someone who can't bear to occasionally pick up a John Grisham or David Sedaris or even Jennifer Weiner is actually an avid reader of a monstrously thick book that was written thousands of years ago.

And I'm now done with my bitchiness. At least for the time being...

Oh, and for those gearing up to send bitter emails, I'll beat you to the punch. Matthew 7:1 has been dually noted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scooby said...

But perhaps they enjoy ESPN The Magazine...hehe...oh wait, that's me. And the Bible. But I have to say that. I'm a missionary.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Freedonian said...

I log into MySpace about every three months. Last time I checked in, I had a friend request from this young woman. Under books, she had written something to the effect of "Anything that makes me think. I LOVE Harry Potter!"

I thought "Well, this is why I don't sign in more often..."

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home