Monday, October 24, 2005

Oh No He Didn't

It's my first day of my real-life job! I have my own office with my own window with my own desk. And most importantly...my own fat paycheck. Hell yes. Shoe stores need to watch out because I'm now packing heat.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to like the job. Everyone is wonderfully funny. I get to have all the office supplies that I want. I get to do a little traveling. Plus I found about 12 bottles of Bacardi and Jack under the kitchen sink. Any place that buys liquor in bulk has got to be fun.

Speaking of liquor, I was out on the town Saturday night and got one of the worst pick-up lines known to man. A rather sleazy-looking guy wearing a Predators jersey approached me at a bar and said, "I think you lost your smile." So I gave him a polite smile and prayed he'd go away. He then said, "Looks like I just found it for you, Darlin'". How lame is that? (Then I said, "Sorry...but I don't talk to guys who wear jerseys to bars.") Guys eventually need to realize that pick-up lines just don't work. Especially the cheesy ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home