Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Boo.

Our Halloween Costume Party Extraordinaire was Saturday and I'm sadly just now getting around to making this post. Probably because it's taken me this long to recover.

After spending all Saturday afternoon decorating our house (no corner was safe from spider webs), making food and picking up the keg, we were anxious for our guests to arrive. And arrive they did. All in all, we had around 30 people from different friend groups...which made it that much more fun and interesting:

"The GPS" and a hovering creepo (whom we heart):
Just a fraction of the beautiful, costumed ladies present:
The hills were alive with the sound of...Bone Thugs n' Harmony:
The lives of the party:
After spending several hours swilling beverages and dancing in the fog, a little magic happened. Out of nowhere, a party bus full of nuns pulled up in front of the house...and invited us to take a ride. Folks, when opportunity knocks, sometimes you have no choice but to take it:
Fortunately, Greg had the foresight to grab a tray of Jello shots and bring them on board as party favors. Which absolutely thrilled the nuns and won us at least ten cool points.

Our bus rattled all over town as we danced, sang and chatted up our new friends. At one point, we got out to dance in the street in the Gulch and then finally disembarked for good on Demonbruen. (And that's where things get a little fuzzy. And where my cell phone more than likely got "misplaced".)

The next morning, I woke up to a cup littered floor and sleeping bodies on the couches. I sleepily let Madden out and was standing in the doorway waiting on her when the landlord appeared. He apparently had been lying in wait.

I realized too late that I was wearing only a tank top and my lacy costume bloomers (and flushed a deep crimson as a result). He grinned lecherously at me and said, "So...fun party last night, huh?" I gave him a tight-lipped smile and nodded. He then pulled something from behind his back and said, "I found something of yours in the neighbor's yard."

And lo and behold, he was holding the jello shot tray which had apparently been tossed out of the party bus window as we pulled away from the curb.

Never have I wished harder for the earth to immediately swallow me whole.

Three questions:
1) What was he doing poking around in the neighbor's yard anyway?
2) Was it imperative that he return the missing tray at 7:30 in the morning?
3) Is it possible to obtain a restraining order against someone who technically lives at your own address?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the creepy blog dude that I am, I was going to request a Halloween costume pic. Now I don't have to.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home