Friday, August 25, 2006

High Roller

For some reason, this week has drug by. I honestly feel like I'm sitting at my desk on a Saturday and that's not an okay feeling. This morning, I barely managed to roll out of bed, throw my hair up and leave the house. Which is why I'm proudly rocking the Liz Phair glasses (and my lack of clear peripheral vision is currently irritating the mess out of me.)

The week definitely started out with a bang, but seemed to fizzle as the days drug on. Yet it's all been very interesting.

Monday, our entire crew went to the Goo Goo Dolls & Counting Crows concert which was a-maz-ing. There's nothing that quite compares to the feeling of belting out intensely familiar lyrics while holding a 24 ounce can of beer, surrounded by good friends in a misty rain.

Tuesday, after a 7 hour staff meeting in which I almost started climbing the walls and cursing my boss, we went to Mafiaoza's and then Mercy Lounge...where John Rich proceeded to buy the entire bar several rounds of shots in an obvious effort to live up to his last name.

Yesterday, I got a call from Decades saying that I'd won my very own Friday Night Dance Party (and about laughed myself out of my chair.) I apparently put my business card into something when we were there last weekend for Stacy's birthday. I have no recollection of doing this, but it obviously paid off. So if anyone is interested in a little retro action on the evening of September 8, head on down to Decades, say you're with me and they'll waive your cover and serve you $2 liquor drinks.

But you must PROMISE to high five me and call me a high-roller at some point during the night. Capice?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hate to be a wet blanket here, but I think that everybody that leaves a card will "win" one of these, as I too have won one of these, and I haven't even been to Decades. I think a friend put my card in there as a joke. I'm still trying to figure out what the hook on their part is on this one...

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home