Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Goner

I've fallen dizzyingly, achingly in love. In just four days. Which I never thought possible...until now.

After wrestling with the idea for several months, I finally broke down and adopted a stray puppy. She melted my heart the instant I saw her and I just couldn't say no. I named her Madden (which unfortunately for you fellas, is not after John. "Madden" is the Celtic word for "little dog" and fits her quite well.) She's only 8 weeks old and is absolutely perfect.
Surprisingly, the whole "puppy thing" hasn't been hard. She's already housebroken and thankfully sleeps through the night (pressed against my neck if I'll let her). She only barks when she's playing and LOVES to sit in laps.

I miss her so much when I'm at work and can't wait to get home to her excited, wriggling little body. If I could take her everywhere with me, I would (although I definitely draw the line at using a special "dog purse").

This is the first time in my life that I've had something completely dependent on me (besides a goldfish, which doesn't really count). But I love the feeling. Especially because that "something" has such a precious face...and a fat, spotted belly.
Even my crotchety, pervert landlord had nothing bad to say when he met her.

Which just might be a sign of the apocalypse. Be forewarned.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your puppy is adorable!

i got a puggle a few months ago and i agree, it's nice to have something to come home to at the end of a long work day.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't own any rental property, but I hope someday to be referred to as a "crotchety, pervert landlord".

What can I say? A man can dream.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Sharon Collie said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! How cute is that? Looks she has some border collie in her. They're such smart dogs. One of mine has some border collie in her and she came housebroken. Nobody broke her, she just knew.

Congratulations...what a great dog!

8:32 PM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

yeah for dog rescue. i have two children through stray and organized rescue

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home