Monday, July 24, 2006

Wedding Bliss

I love weddings. Actually, let me rephrase that. I tolerate weddings, I LOVE receptions.

Last weekend, a gaggle of sorority sisters and I were reunited in Birmingham for the nuptials of a friend. It was absolutely great to see everyone (and to stay on the same hotel floor). Especially under such fun circumstances.

The actual wedding ceremony was beautiful. But I tend to get a little fidgety during those kinds of things. Must be the 8th grader in me.

The reception was...freaking amazing (three words: OPEN MARTINI BAR.) There were close to 600 people there. They had great food and an even better live band. A group of us immediately claimed a table, got into a martini line and pretty much took over. Just like the good ole days.

It wasn't too long before my date wanted to hit the dance floor (and my jaw almost hit the floor). I've never experienced a guy wanting to dance before me! For almost 10 minutes, we were the only couple out there. I guess we looked so good doing our thing that the spectators couldn't resist...it was packed in no time and we were wishing we were still flying solo.

It was after several more martinis and hours spent on the dance floor that things start to get a little fuzzy. Funny how that happens. Luckily I have plenty of pictures to refresh my memory.

Here's the Ole Miss crew on the dance floor (I'm dead center, martini in hand):
Here I am, another martini in hand, eavesdropping on the groomsmen (I'm sure it was a dare):
Here's my favorite picture of the night, with my favorite person in the world:
And finally, here's one of me and my date (looking like we stepped right out of a magazine). I think this picture was taken to commemorate the fact that we dubbed ourselves "Wedding King and Queen" due to our popularity on the dance floor.
I'm sad that it's over. I wish I could go back and replay the entire weekend (minus the late-night Jager Bombs and pool eviction. But that's definitely another story for another time...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Collie said...

That's a mighty cute feller there on your arm.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home