Friday, July 07, 2006

Blonde Blogger Extraordinaire

Watch out world, this "blogger" is about to become famous.

Well, sort of.

Yesterday, I got a call from WKRN in Nashville...saying they've read my blog and want to do a TV news story on my "rattlesnake encounter". (Which at first I thought was a huge joke.) I laughed for a bit, then quickly realized the call was legit. They want an on-camera interview at the spot where we found the snake, including all the digital pictures I took that night.

I was so stunned that a) they read my blog and b) they actually wanted to put me on TV that it took me a while to come up with an answer. I finally settled on, "Um...okay..."

I may really regret this. Especially if random people begin stopping me and asking if I'm the "Snake Lady". But it could also be fun and hugely entertaining. It's not every day you get asked to be on TV, after all.

I also got invited to a "Meet & Greet" for a select group of accomplished Nashville bloggers (said in snooty voice) taking place at Wolfy's that very night. Knowing it was probably too much to handle by my lonesome, I drug Godfrey with me.

And it was surprisingly fun. Let's just say it was a very eclectic group of people. Lots of role players, a handful of Elijah Wood look-a-like hipster-writer dudes...and one man in a Darth Vader helmet (I about shot bourbon out of my nose when he arrived).

I couldn't help but feel they were all looking at me like, "Who invited the blonde?" I'm sure a majority of that was in my head...but I definitely stood out like a Tri Delt in a drum line. Which is okay by me. Because at the end of the day, you don't need a pair of Liz Phair glasses and pigtails to write well. Bitches.

First up, TV appearance. Next stop...book deal.

Just watch me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

Rachel,

Hi. Nice to "meet" you. I'm sorry I didn't get to catch up with you at the party.

I linked to this at NiT, but I wanted to give you a heads-up because I don't wanna be telling tales out of school.

I'm afraid I might be missing the point here. Did you feel that you weren't welcome by the other bloggers?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I guess I'm one of the bitches (although like Liz Phair, I don't wear glasses), but I have to say I didn't even see you there. So I'm thinking the whole blonde thing was in your head. Er, and on your head. You know what I mean.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhh.

Cat fight.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home