Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Stalkee

Our secret is out... Nashville was recently ranked the BEST city to live in by Kiplinger's Magazine. So now the rest of the country can take their "guitar slinging yokels" perception of us and shove it up their asses. We may be a little country, but now our city officially beats everyone else's city hands down. So, booyah.

Here's the article.

On an entirely different topic, my office traveled to Knoxville to assist at a client's board meeting and got put up in a Hilton (my room had a king-size feather bed!) this week. After attending Monday night's sit-down dinner and reception, several of us decided to head back to the hotel and prop the bar up.

The hotel had a massive inner courtyard, with a bar being the focal point of attention. There were a number of hotel rooms that looked out onto the courtyard--but most had their curtains closed.

Jenn and I were sitting there with our boss when we noticed a man standing at a window three floors above us, staring at us behind a single sheer curtain. All the sudden, he peeks a camera out between the curtain and starts taking pictures...he obviously thought we couldn't see him. I waved at him, which seemed to startle him a bit. He then disappeared into his room and we resumed our conversation--mainly about what kind of perv he must be.

Several minutes later, our boss spotted the creep-o descending in the glass elevator and I got chills. He walked in and sat down several feet away from us. And just sat there--on his cell phone--and stared at us.

I briefly considered taking out my camera and snapping pictures of him, but didn't want to be found cut into pieces in my hotel bathtub. So Jenn and I calmly finished our drinks and went back to our rooms--where I proceeded to lock both padlocks and checked that the phone line was still working.

I'd obviously never cut it in Hollywood...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home