Monday, April 03, 2006

Taking Requests...

I don't feel very good. As in that groggy-underwater feeling you get right before you get sick. I knew the moment I stood blankly in front of the fax machine wondering why it didn't resemble the water cooler (which is one room over--just like it's always been) that I need to go back to bed for three days.

This past weekend flat wore me out. (Which makes me feel incredibly old to say.) Friday night, Jim and I went out in Nashville. Well, we started out at Cody's house because he has his very OWN karaoke machine. Of which I partook heavily...because it's nearly impossible for me to resist both a microphone and a captive audience.

We wound up at Decade's downtown where I danced my heart out. And requested numerous Michael Jackson songs (because despite his creepy sexual tendencies, he knows how drop a mad beat). And before we knew it, it was 3 a.m. and we were forced to go home.

Which was a good thing considering that Jim and I had sworn up and down that we'd get up at 9 the next morning to hit the road to Oxford. Which was NOT fun. Especially since my eyeballs resembled those of a rehab patient...but things improved greatly after our pit-stop through Sonic.

The one night I spent in Oxford was fabulous. Especially because most of my girls were back in town for an impromptu reunion. We all had dinner at Two Stick and then went out on the square. Because the bars (horribly) close at midnight on Saturdays, we headed back to Adrienne & Moni's for a late night. Which entailed the girls piled on Moni's bed gossiping and the guys doing who-knows-what idiotic things in the den.

I had such a content feeling just sitting there talking. A good portion of the people I care about were gathered in one place and it just felt safe. I wish we could do that all the time. I miss them all so much...

Sunday, Moni and I went to Julie's bridal shower at the DG house. Talk about a blast from the PAST. I felt completely foreign in a once-familiar environment. Not much about the house had changed (except for Mrs. Mattox's now blonde hair), yet almost every aspect of MY life is different. Scarily, we'd somehow become "those older girls having a shower in the chapter room" that we had whispered about just two years ago.

I absolutely loved seeing everyone again, but it was a tad bit uncomfortable to sit and pretend I give two shits about china patterns and pyrex sets. Because let's be honest, there are two distinct types of young 20-somethings:

1) Those who yearn for Wedgewood china.
2) Those who would kill for THIS.

I DEFINITELY fall into the latter category.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how "young 20-somethings" yearn for an item whose description reads "ages 8 - 16."

Sounds right up your alley, though. Hell, I might even serenade you on that thing if you get me drunk enough.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home