Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Miss Ole Miss

I went to the Nashville area Ole Miss luncheon series today. Mainly for the free food and because Jim is in town. It was at the Nashville City Club which is an exclusive penthouse restaurant downtown that doesn't post their membership price anywhere (being a nosy biatch, I looked). You have to call to receive that information. Which must mean you could buy several Tibetan villages with the joining fee alone.

Because obviously an Ole Miss crowd would accept no less.

We had a fantastic meal and I sat next to a charming older couple who told me about their trip to Italy. Then Chancellor Khayat got up and talked about what Ole Miss' plans are for the future and showed a slide show of campus buildings that have been renovated. Which I clearly remember being that I was there less than a year ago.

And the whole dang thing made me a little teary. And quite nostalgic. It just made me think of what I'd be doing if I was still in college. Probably walking around campus enjoying the spring weather, or sitting in the Grove with a blanket and a book, or possibly ambling around the square with no particular destination. I miss it so much. I wish I'd appreciated college life while I was living it. Because it's scary to think that you can NEVER truly go back to that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably your next move should be to get ready to fend off sexual predators and otherwise creepy old men that use myspace.

I know Rachel (and three-fourths of my generation) disagrees with me, but I think all those things (myspace, facebook) are crap.

I refuse to join any of them.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home