Thursday, March 02, 2006

I ♥ Business Trips

Too much has been going on at work. Which is a big improvement from drooling at my desk, but my blog has suffered as a result. I just realized that I haven't posted anything in over a week...so I'm trying to amend that sad fact.

Monday, Jenn and I drove to Huntsville with some coworkers to set up a client's Board dinner and reception. Of which we partook greatly. We had an amazing dinner and an open bar (because let's face it, you can't entertain executives without a plethora of liquor). After the dinner, a waitress informed us that we still had numerous bottles of wine left over and didn't know what to do with them. We told her to bring them on up--opened--to room 431.

That's when the real party started.

Five of us (including my main boss) drunkenly watched the Bachelor in our pajamas in my room. And drank several bottles of wine in the process. It was amazing. Especially since good triumphed over evil and Sarah walked away with the ring (appropriately placed around her neck).

After everyone else left for their rooms and a good night's sleep, Jenn and I ended up in the hotel bar in our pajamas and bare feet to take shots in honor of Sarah's victory (and because we could expense them). Despite the fact we had to get up at 6:00 and sit through an afternoon's worth of Board meetings.

The best part of the trip? When a random man in a flight suit came up to us in the hotel lobby the next morning and said, "Wow...I barely recognized you with actual clothes on!" in front of our boss. Who just shook his head and smiled...cause he knows how we roll. And loves us for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home