Monday, February 20, 2006

Home of the Greats

Friday night, I finally got to go to the Grand Ole Opry. At the RYMAN. I figure it's something every native Nashvillian needs to experience.

The main headliners the night Alan and I went were Dierks Bentley, Tracy Byrd, Elvis Costello and Emmylou Harris. It was amazing. Simply walking in to that old church auditorium (that's been graced by the likes of Elvis, Johnny Cash, and Patsy Cline) was incredible. It was hard not to feel a measure of reverence.

Dierks absolutely rocked the house. And he had on the tightest blue jeans known to man. They didn't leave much to the imagination. To the point that I think he stuffs...or is a very blessed individual. Too bad he dedicated a song to his wife. :)


Elvis Costello was great too (but I'd have preferred seeing the original). I found the cheesiest pair of earrings known to man in the gift shop. And I couldn't resist modeling them (but spent the entire time worrying that they'd catch me and make me buy them).


Those are indeed miniature sparkly cowboy hats with long tassels of which I saw an old woman buy a purple pair...which she'll probably wear with gold Keds sneakers. AND in true Opry fashion, the worst female mullet I've ever seen was just two rows in front of us:


Yes, that is a woman. And yes, that is her girlfriend to her left. They turned around right after I took the picture...I had to cover by quickly aiming the camera at the stage (but I'm sure they wondered why I was giggly and red-faced.) All in all, the evening was a success. And it definitely didn't hurt to spot Sarah from The Bachelor at Cabana several hours later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home