Thursday, January 26, 2006

Quasi-Grownup

Since I'm getting on in years, I thought I'd change my blog look to something a little more sophisticated (and original). After hours upon hours of sifting through the mystery that is HTML text, I figured out how to change the generic colors and fonts. I'm downright impressed with myself, if not a little incredulous.

At the opposite end of the grownup-spectrum, I went skating last Friday night. And it was amazing. 1 full belly of Mexican food, margaritas and jager shots + 1 jam-packed rink of 13-year-olds + 10 friends = the perfect recipe for a good time (especially since Shane showed up wearing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle protective gear).

We all skated--and fell--and laughed at both ourselves and the self-conscious pre-teens trying to look cool in front of each other. (I was fully intending to clothesline a few of them as I whirred around the rink--until I discovered that most of them were taller than me.) The only downside: they kicked everyone out at 11:00--if I had it my way, the Skate Center would stay open till dawn.

And finally, exciting news: TRAVIS STORK WORKS OUT AT MY GYM. (Which is probably the last place I'd want to meet him...but beggars can't be choosers.) This is great incentive to really whip myself into shape. Example: "Gah, I'd much rather lay here and watch a fourth rerun of MADE than wear myself out on a treadmill... Wait. Travis Stork might be there. I'll go find my tennis shoes."

Alas, it might be the closest I get to seeing his sweaty body doing something physical. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would become a work out fanatic! I bet he looks good sweaty!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home