Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Gee, You SHOULD Have!

Now that Christmas 2005 is in the memory books, I might just manage to resume normal posting. Things have been so crazy that I'd totally forgotten about my blog. It wasn't until reading "Women who Blog" in the January Glamour that I remembered I even had one. Talk about an "Oh shit" moment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say that things were crazy in a bad way--I freaking love the Christmas season and all the hecticness that accompanies it--but this year was completely different from years past. The culprit: having a job.

In my previous 21 Christmases, I could leisurely shop for hours at the mall, lay around until Christmas parties started, help bake in the kitchen whenever I arose to start the day...

This year: total 180. I found myself grabbing store visits on lunch breaks, frantically flying home from work to get ready for parties/dinners, cleaning house and wrapping presents long into the night.

But despite not really feeling like I've had a vacation, it was fun as hell. I wish it wasn't over. Especially since I've finally mastered the art of wish lists.

If you tell relatives, "I don't really want anything", they'll (bless their hearts) get you crap. That you probably couldn't sell on eBay. So this year, I got organized and made a small list of things that I actually really wanted but haven't/couldn't buy for myself. And got every dang one of them. Including an iPod. My years of mastered fake "Oh, how wonderful!" reactions are a thing of the past. Because I've figured out that with a little direction, even the most gift-challenged person can get you something amazing. That you won't have to worry about them stumbling across on eBay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home