Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hell in a Handbasket Part II

My nosiness has reached an all-time high. And I'll probably be punished for it eventually. But for right now, it's providing me absolute loads of entertainment.

So last night Jennie and I had just cooked dinner and settled down to watch a movie (like the old, married couple that we are) when we heard yelling coming from the other side of our wall.

The "engaged" couple were at it again...

Instead of doing the nice thing and turning up the volume on the TV to ignore them, we MUTED the TV and pressed our ears to the air grate to better hear what was going on. We could only hear snatches of the fight and then the heat came on and muffled it all out. We were a little bummed... Then Jennie went down to get a load of laundry out of the dryer and came running up to tell me that she could hear absolutely everything from the basement.

We basically got comfortable on the basement floor, presumably right underneath them, and listened to them cuss the hell out of each other. For an HOUR. God, it was so much fun. We discovered that she'd lied about a previous marriage and he'd never told her he'd been to rehab and that he made her pay for her own engagement ring. It was like a soap opera on steroids. We had to bury our faces in towels to keep from laughing out loud. Needless to say, we never went back to our movie...it just wouldn't have been able to compare.

On a brighter note, we've been decorating our house for Christmas and I love it. I'm thinking our Christmas tree might stay up until February. It's just that pretty. Christmas music has started playing on the radio which I definitely sing along to...in the car...while other motorists stare. But hey, it's just part of having the Christmas spirit. I'd much rather sing my heart out about the wonders of the season then cuss out my dead-beat fiance a'la the folks next door. Ain't no "merry and bright" going on over there...which is why I'll be spending a hell of a lot more time in the basement.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha . . . you said "snatches" . . . (insert Beavis and Butthead laughing here)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh how easily the male gender digresses back to the 7th grade...

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7th Grade?

Shit, I'm digressing back to last week. I didn't even know the word "snatch" in 7th grade.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home