Monday, November 14, 2005

RockyTop, You'll Always Be a Big Drunk Blur to Me

Business trips are the shizzit. I wish I could go on one every single day. We had a big meeting in Knoxville on Friday, but it felt more like a vacation.

Our boss took us out to a nice (free) dinner Thursday night and then the younger crowd decided to hit the streets of K-Town. I'm the only non-UT grad so Jenn and Lesley gave me a crash course on going out in Big Orange Country. Our first stop was a bar on the strip for "Animal Hour" where between 9 and 10, all liquor drinks have three shots worth in them. They ain't playing either. I watched one of the bartenders make my vodka tonic and it was like vodkavodkavodkavodkavodkavodka tonic. I had to ask for extra limes just to get it down. And then I got another one.

After the deadly-strong-drink special ended, we headed for Cool Beans (cheesy name, great bar) and stayed for over four hours. Who knows where that time went...but I apparently took some scary-looking drunk pictures in the process (which are always fun to discover on your camera the next morning). We only slept 4 hours in our very posh (and paid-for) hotel room.

Friday morning Jenn and I interviewed a UT student who wants to intern with us for the summer. (Ah, how the power shifts...it was great to be on the other side of the desk!) Then we had back-to-back meetings where it took sheer will (and three cups of coffee) to remain awake. But luckily, the hangover wasn't too obvious...I think. After a much-needed nap and some Target shopping, we headed out for Round 2 of Knoxville Night Life. This time, we took on the Old City for some dancing. And dance we did. It was magical. The end of the night found us passed out 3-deep in Lesley's bed (there's nothing like some hetero-spooning between friends).

So, Knoxville was awesome. I had loads of fun while managing to only spend about $20 (can we say..."expense it"?) Now I want to give them a crash course on Oxford that'll make their heads spin. Because in the end, nobody, and I mean nobody, parties like a Rebel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home