Thursday, November 03, 2005

Cell Phones+Rachel=Disaster

I have officially been through four different cell phones in the last year. The bottom drawer of my nightstand looks sadly like a cell phone graveyard. (Apparently I'm hard on them.) I just got a new one in July and was working really hard at being careful with it...when the screen randomly went out yesterday. By no fault of my own. So I take it to the Sprint store, hoping they'll just reconnect a wire or something and send me on my way.

But no...they inform me that it was a "lemon" and typically they'd replace it through warranty...but they found "water damage" inside which voids the warranty. That's when things got heated. Because I'd NEVER gotten that phone anywhere near water. But apparently, water damage does not occur from just submerging your phone per se. The man informed me that a cell phone can have water damage from such things as 1) talking on it if you're sweaty 2) having it in the vicinity of the bathroom while you're taking a shower or 3) breathing hard enough for condensation to form while talking on it. (I did not inquire as to the nature of the last one...I just didn't want to know.)

The cell phone guy "let me in on a little secret" and told me that this basically applies to everyone's phone. I think that's some kind of bullshit, but what can you do? So I forked over money for my FORTH phone in 12 months.

On the upside, my new phone is KILLER. It's the phone that I originally wanted (but was way too expensive) when I got the THIRD now-broken phone. It's was still expensive, but I discovered that cell phone prices can be haggled over (and it really doesn't hurt to flirt). He definitely dropped more than $180 off of it.

So I get home and happily start plugging numbers into it when I discover...the cell phone guy had programmed HIS cell phone number into my new phone. (And here I was thinking he was typing in activation codes or something!) CREEPY. That shit got erased immediately.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably my fault, seeing as how I always make you sweat and breathe hard . . . HA.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home