Thursday, October 27, 2005

Q: Why is a Pumpkin Better Than a Man?

A: Because you know from the start that his brain is only mush!

Haha! I am so excited that Halloween is almost here! I think it's one of the greatest holidays EVER. First, there's lots and lots of candy and who doesn't like candy? Second, it's the one day of the year that you can dress up like a crazy person and no one will bat an eye. I'm going to 3 costume parties on Saturday and can't WAIT.

My costume idea requires an 80s-style prom dress (the tackier, the better) so last night, Jennie and I went to Goodwill in search of the perfect specimen. And boy, did they have some 80s crap. It was like stepping back in time. I found several great dresses (complete with toulle and sequins)...but they were all at least $30. WTF? $30?!? I mean it's Goodwill, people. Nothing should cost more than $4. The entire purpose of the store is to help clothe the destitute and provide fun Halloween and swap costumes. Not to turn a serious profit. Needless to say, I did not purchase the hella-expensive (for a tacky two-decade-year-old) dress. I'm going thrift-shopping after work and am determined to find one for no more than $5. Come hell or high water.

After rejecting the overpriced dress, we went to Kroger to stock up on trick-or-treat candy. (I am so excited to actually have trick-or-treaters this year!) We were talking and walking into the store...when I managed to completly shove my foot in my mouth:

Me: Oh look! Those pumpkins are on sale!
(We start getting closer to them)
Me: Holy shit...those are the ugliest pumpkins I've ever seen! No WONDER they're on sale.
(A young guy turns around with a hurt look on his face...and he's holding one of the ugly pumpkins)
Him: Ummm, thanks.
Me: (As I'm turning red) Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean your pumpkin! Your pumpkin looks lovely!

Jennie and I just managed to make it into the store before colapsing onto the floor laughing. Sheeesh...next time I'll think twice before voicing my pumpkin opinions in public! You just never know who you might offend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home