Friday, October 28, 2005

Home Sweet Home

We're finally experiencing some beautiful fall weather here in Nashville...and all I can think is, "God, I bet it's gorgeous in Oxford".

It's funny...by spring semester I was ready to get out and move to a big city. I was tired of going to the same bars and restaurants and was more than ready for a change of scenery. Granted, I still had fun and lived it up there while I could, but I was constantly itching for something new.

Now that I've been in my beloved big city for six months and have gone to more restaurants and bars than I can remember...I'm really starting to miss the unique beauty of Oxford. Some of the best memories of my life took place in that town. I met some of the most wonderful people who I'll cherish forever in that town. I suffered heartbreak and fell in love in that town. I learned incredible life lessons in that town. I morphed from a homesick girl to a confidant young woman in that town.

I know that I can't live in Oxford forever...I love city-life too much. But Oxford has shaped me and turned me into the person I am today. As a result, Oxford will always hold a huge piece of my heart. It will be the one place that incites both laughter from memories and tears from longing.

God...and what I wouldn't give for one more $2 Martini Night at Pearl Street and the requisite hangover-food from the Beacon the next morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home