Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tempting, No?

My friend Stacy came in town this weekend for a visit (although I'm hoping she'll move here eventually). Having visitors is the greatest motivation to visit cheesy hotspots and have some fun. Because it's a rule that if you have a visitor, you are obligated to get off your couch and show them (and yourself) a good time. (So, to all my out-of-townies: I'll be more than thrilled if you come visit...)

Saturday, after finishing an Ali G marathon and heading to Mafioza's for some much-needed pizza and fried ravioli sticks, we arrived at Broadway & 2nd: the mecca of neon & tassles. The fringe kind, not the booby kind (that would be Las Vegas). At Wannabes, we got coerced into dragging a soon-to-be-groom onto the dance floor...where he awkwardly stood while we gyrated against him. Later, after apparently having had several more drinks, he asked if we could try it again...and was flat turned down.

At Decades, I got dared to dance with a 300 pound guy. Not being one to ever turn down a drunken challenge, I sidled up to him and told him that if he didn't dance with me, I'd die. And to be honest, it was a refreshing change--you can't feel a youknowwhat with a stomach in the way. AND I got a complimentary drink to boot.

Our final destination was the Red Iguana, which I'd never been to before. It is obviously the place where all the rave-loving Asians hang out...and that's all I'm going to say about that. But there is definitely some good (light-up-floor-style) dancing to be had there.

All-in-all, the night was successful. The gauge being that we had at least one good belly laugh at every place we went. So...if you come to visit, this is what Nashville possibly has in store for you: more men (who'll offer you drinks) than you can handle, more interesting dance floor experiences than you thought possible, more trashy fun bars than you can possibly visit, and maybe a star-sighting thrown in if you're lucky. (Although...if it's the Bachelor...let's just not mention the fact that I emailed him.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home