Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm Dreaming of a [wet] Christmas

Get your mind out of the gutter...

Southern winters are such a tease. On the days it's cold enough to snow, it doesn't rain. Yet it definitely does rain the second the temperature creeps above freezing. So all we have is cold, rainy nastiness. I've all but given up hoping for snow before Christmas. It's just not going to happen.

It'd be more realistic to hope for Santa to bring me Adam Brody covered in whipped cream.

Besides snow, my Christmas will also be lacking a vacation. I've suddenly woken up to the fact that I'm no longer just a (salary-earning) college student. I'm in the real world, and our greedy capitalist society considers "time-off" synonymous with "apocalypse".

I've been graced with a glorious TWO DAYS off to celebrate the holidays...compared to my fellow Ole Miss compatriots who get a blessed SIX WEEKS of unstructured holiday cheer. Is this fair? I think not.

If any one sees my boss, please convince him of this.

On the (singular) plus side, I actually have cash flow to buy good gifts this year...ain't no rinkydink presents coming from me! And it feels so good to be able to pick out things that I know people will love. After all, selfless giving is an important part of this season. So maybe working through the holidays is worth it for the opportunity to give back to others.

(At least until my alarm goes off tomorrow morning...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home