Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Loving...and Hating

Ahh, Valentine's. It's been a nice one so far because Alan has apparently planned little surprises for me throughout the day. Including leaving something on my car early this morning and stopping by my office with Christie cookies. He's too good!

I feel like I didn't have much of a weekend. Probably because I worked part of it. My company put on a breakfast event in Chattanooga yesterday morning and because the dang thing started so early, we had to go down to set up the night before. Thankfully, our boss took us out to a nice dinner to make up for it. Where I proceeded to get a tad tipsy and tell him about testing my landlord with panties. Good thing he laughed his ass off. I might have died on the spot if there'd been nothing but awkward silence.

Jenn and I debated about going out for some drinks for approximately 0.3 seconds, but then decided we'd rather watch Grey's Anatomy. And man, was it intense. But let me just say...I don't think I'd be too upset if Grey had gotten blown up by the replica WWII bomb. She's whinny and annoying and should be punched in the throat (or at least force-fed some brownies) every episode. Granted, she's the title character...but I think the show would do just fine in her absence. But I didn't start feeling this way until I saw Ellen Pompeo on Punk'd. If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest you watch it:



Anyways, the breakfast started at 7:30 which meant we had to be there before 7:00...which meant I had to get up at 5:45 (4:45 CENTRAL) to outfit myself in a crisp suit and perfectly made-up face. (Hard to do when it's darker than Charles Manson's soul outside.)

We headed back to Nashville as soon as it ended. But considering we gained an hour by switching from eastern time to central...we only got back to Nashville at 11:00. Which made me want to ram my head into a wall. Because I'd already been up almost 8 hours. And yes, we had to stay till 5:00. The majority of that time was spent fighting the urge to crumple up discarded newspaper into a makeshift nest and fall asleep under my desk. Ah, the glamorous life of a PR girl...

But despite my absolute raggedy-ass weariness, I managed to stay up for The Bachelor. Because it would have been a "Travis-ty" not to. (Oh snap. Yeah, I said it...and it was bad.) As of last night, I am over Travis Stork. Completely. Over. Him. Because ANY man who is that infatuated with the likes of Moana (the unstable tramped-stamped whore) is NO man for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home