Thursday, March 09, 2006

No Sol Para Mi

Damn corporate America for not observing Spring Break. I'd like nothing better on this rainy afternoon to be somewhere tropical with a strong drink in hand. And maybe a steel drummer serenading me (can a drum actually "serenade"?).

I'm going out to dinner with some friends tonight and am definitely going to request a tiny paper umbrella in my drink. Because sadly, that's about as close to "beachy" as I'm going to get.

So, I realized that in all of my busyness this past week, I forgot to post my exciting news...

I touched Travis Stork.
You can start breathing again whenever you recover from your fit of jealousy. (Or your fit of rage in Bean's case.)
Wha' ha' happened was...last Saturday, I really just wanted to wallow around on the couch in my semi-hungover state, but decided I'd feel better if I got moving. So Jennie and I headed to the gym. And lo and behold, Travis was one of the first people we saw when we walked in. He was standing by the towels and I conveniently had to place my hand on his back to get by him. *sigh*
I happily hopped on the Arc Trainer (with an extra bounce in my step) and before I knew it, he was getting on the bike directly facing me. So for a good 15 minutes, I couldn't figure out where to look. Normally, I just look straight ahead and zone out with my iPod. But since he's semi-famous and all, that might have seemed creepy. So I tried to look interested in everything else but him. (Way smooth, I know.) But we did occasionally lock eyes whenever I couldn't help but glance his way. *sigh again*
Finally, I thought I'd post something random simply because it makes me laugh out loud:
I only hope that someday my daughter will be so talented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home