Thursday, April 13, 2006

Failed Mission

Jennie and I were driving out of our driveway yesterday (heading to "Body Sculpt" which is taught by a scary man with a crew cut and handle bar mustache) when we were flagged down by our landlord/neighbor/resident creep-o.

(window rolls down to prevent him from peering at us through the open sunroof)
Landlord: So...I see you got a new toy...
(My first thought: You are such a perv.)
Landlord: I've been enjoying the fun you have with it...
Me: Uh, what are you talking about?
Landlord: Your karaoke machine!! At first I thought you were listening to the TV really loudly, but then quickly figured out that it was YOUR voices.
Me: (awkward laughter) Yeah, we've been having quite the time. We'll try to keep it down...
Landlord: No problem! I enjoy it! It's getting to the point where I can figure out which one of you is singing!
Me: Um, okay. Well... Late for class! Got to go! Bye!

AH! I thought for sure that the karaoke machine would provide the ultimate amusement for us while causing the ultimate annoyance for him! But it appears as if we're entertaining him as well.

But if he thinks for one second that he's going to get an invite to SingFest 2K6...he's going to suffer quite a staggering blow of disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home