Friday, December 22, 2006

Under Pressure

I'm too susceptible to peer pressure.

Last night, some coworkers and I decided we'd grab a "quick" drink at Acorn after work to celebrate an ex-coworker being home from New York City.

My original plan had been to grab a drink, do laundry, give my dog a bath, wrap presents and pack.

Ha.

Five hours later, we'd progressed to a new bar and picked up an entire crew of people--one of whom regaled me with stories of Tokyo and taught me dirty phrases in Japanese. (Zakennayo baka yaro!)

After 5 hours spent swilling mojitos and eating tapas, I decided I had to go home. Where I proceeded to pass out on my bed in a blurry exhaustion.

This morning I woke up with a slight headache and a hint of guilt. I'm supposed to be leaving for home after work today, but I'm nowhere near being ready. Which means I might be forced to drag dirty laundry home like a destitute college student.

The problem is, my boss informed us this morning that we're shutting down the office at noon for a holiday lunch/drinking celebration. Which will make my packing/expedition home quite interesting...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what? It's more fun to say yes. Just say it quitely to yourself and feel it. Nice, huh? Much nicer than no. But for some reason we're all almost hardcoded instinctively to say no. Sad really.

Happy Christmas
a.b.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home