Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tribute to Greatness

Congrats Emmitt...you definitely showed America that tough guys can still dance like pretty girls. But let's be honest. Dancing with the Stars was never the same after the ousting of everyone's favorite closeted gay man, Joey Lawrence.

In an effort to fully capture Joey's essence, I've put together a small pictorial timeline of his career/grooming habits. Enjoy!

Career debut--a recurring role on Gimme a Break!:
Look at that chili-bowl of preciousness! (I think if you showed this little guy a picture of his future Dancing With the Stars self, he'd cry and run to mommy.)

--Temporary career hiatus. Most likely due to inevitable "gawky" stage.--

Bada bing! JL returns to the scene in the early 90s as heartthrob Joey Russo in Blossom. Don't laugh, but I actually had this poster hanging in my room:
Although, had I known this one existed, I would have had it as well:
After his stunning album debut (circa 1994), he disappeared again...only to be seen in the occasional made-for-TV movie and after-school special.

Hard to believe, but Joey popped back up (for a microscopic period of time) in the late 90s looking both handsome and masculine. Blink and you missed it:
But things went rapidly downhill from there... Not wanting to be completely forgotten in Hollywood, Joey would cleverly show up at random red carpet events sporting new (increasingly gay) looks:
It also appears that Joey developed an aversion to body hair. Notice the perfect arches of his freshly waxed eyebrows:
This one is downright frightening. Due mainly to the presence of a sparkly necklace, metallic shirt and (drumroll, please) purse strap:
Which brings us to his present-day glory:
I think this picture sums up his transformation perfectly:
Oh, Joey...I hope that despite your embarrassing loss on DWTS, your career will continue to skyrocket. Because I absolutely can't wait to see where you go from here. (Judging by the sailor dance alone, it will surely be magical.)

P.S. If Rascal Flatts ever needs an additional vocalist/backup dancer, your name should be FIRST on their list...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just made my day.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my - my gayday is off the chart while viewing those photos.

(is that his wife in that one photo? - if so, poor clueless woman.)

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home