Friday, November 10, 2006

flab·ber·gast·ed (adj.): As if struck dumb with astonishment

I've recently been informed that when you do a Google search for my name (not sure I want to know why this person did this), my blog is the first link to appear. Which apparently means it's the most-visited of the half-a-million-odd other sites.

Which completely floors me. And why some of my friends have now nicknamed me "The Nashville Carrie" (hell, at least it's not "Samantha").

I don't quite understand how so many people from across the country find my blog (shoutout to Joe, the Arby's PR Maven). I guess that's the magic of the world wide web...New York City slickers can follow my little ole Music City life without ever leaving their homes. Creepy, yet cool.

<Shameless Plug: I love to write. Love it. And getting paid makes it that much sweeter. Freelance could easily be my middle name. Just give me a topic and watch me go. So, Glamour, The New Yorker, hell...Reader's Digest: if you're reading this, just holla. I'll respond, pen in hand.>

And now picking up the shards of my remaining dignity, thanks for reading. It makes writing much more fun. In a nutshell, you're appreciated...and it truly thrills me that my blog is result numero uno.

...except that means that my computer-savvy grandmother has a good chance of stumbling upon it now. And the sheer repercussions of that happening puts fear deep into my soul.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scooby said...

You'd be amazed what you can find out about someone if you know their name and their Myspace page.

*looks around to see if anyone realizes she's a Myspace stalker*

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...just a little FYI from a freelancer - mixing your art (i.e. something you love to do) with commerce has the tendency to suck your soul bare.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was creeped out too when I found that out...

eek. Scary and I hope your grandma and my family never figure it out!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was torn for a long time over whether to use my real name in my blog. I finally decided to go for it; my friends would manage to track me down anyway.

It's just a little weird to write about a job as a dating coach when you know someone you're dating might be reading it.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home