Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Time Marches On...

Several minutes ago I'm sitting here, happily uploading pictures from my digital camera when something catches my eye. So I blow up one of the pictures to full-screen.

Lo and behold, I have tiny wrinkles radiating from the corners of my eyes.

When did that happen?

I mean, really! I'm only 23 and haven't set foot in a tanning bed in eons.

I wouldn't say these um, wrinkles (okay, that word is a skosh hard to say) bother me...I'm just slightly baffled. I figured I'd be at least 30 before these buggers showed up.

The thought of buying products for "fine lines" right now makes me want to laugh out loud.

My current feeling is very similar to the time the Student Health Center gave a free digital demonstration on what you'd look like as a smoker aged 20 years: shock mixed with awe. (But at least this time, my real wrinkles don't resemble those of a Waffle House waitress named Flo.)

Today, it's hit me. We spend our youth knowing we'll eventually age, but the truth of the matter isn't fully grasped until we see it firsthand. You're infallible until proven otherwise.

Looking on the bright side, I'd rather the wrinkles be around my eyes as opposed to my mouth or forehead. At least they prove that I smile a lot and have a good outlook on life.

OR...I could just blame it on a year's worth of stress caused by the landlord...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

If alcohol has any effect on causing wrinkles to appear earlier, you are probably overdue.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the wrinkles on YOUR FACE?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home