Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Jailbait

The landlord drama has officially come to a head. (Drum roll, please.)

He's BEEN ARRESTED. As in cuffed and thrown in the slammer.

But it gets better. Not only is he in jail, he is in jail in NAPLES, FLORIDA. Because they think he was fleeing the country.

Let that soak in for a minute.

Apparently he's had a warrant out for his arrest for years now (which most definitely explains why he rarely left the house).

The only reason we know about this is because the ex-fiance broke into his side to find his financial information so she could post his bail. (And seemed quite irritated about this fact.)

When asked what specifically his warrant was for, she said (and I quote), "There's no telling. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was for murder. Skeletons have just been coming out of his closet left and right these days."

Grrrrreat. That's just the kind of reassuring thing you'd like to hear about a man who has creeped you out since day one.

So now we're stuck. The last thing I want to do is move. But I also don't want him to post bail and we bump into each other in the hallway next week. Talk about some awkward conversation. "So, heard you spent a little time in lock-down. And how was that?"

The silver lining: maybe if he stays locked up for a bit, we won't have to pay rent for the month of December. Or maybe if he does manage to post bail, I can talk him out of it based on emotional trauma endured while worrying that he's an ax-murderer.

I just hope he paid the electric bill before being incarcerated. Because if our lights get shut off in two days because of his irresponsibility, I swear I'll cut a bitch...

3 Comments:

Blogger Scooby said...

Kind of anti-climactic in a way, isn't it? It's almost as if you expected it. "Creepy neighbor trying to flee the country gets hauled off to the pokey? Yeah, that's about what I expected."

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is Comcastic. This dude is my new hero.

7:07 AM  
Blogger londongirl said...

Humn. Dodgy and landlord are two words often seen together but it sounds like yours has taken it to a whole new level. scary. I think I'd be looking for somewhere new for the new year.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home