Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sketchwads

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, I tend to attract the creepiest people in bars. Guaranteed. It's like I give off their pheromones.

And it's getting ridiculous. Just recently I've had:
  1. A socially awkward guy pull quarters "out of my ears" to pay for a drink;
  2. A guy try to convince me that he was Elvis in a past life and that I was most certainly Ann Margaret;
  3. An old man serenade me with a George Jones ballad...while on his knees.
But that's just scratching the surface.

I've actually got photo documentation of one of these oddballs in action.

Last week, I took my roommate out for her birthday and we ended the night with a little stage action at Wannabe's. There we were, happily singing our hearts out when a strange man approached with a camera. Being a natural ham, I decided to play along with it.

BAD Idea:
Because he appeared in EVERY SINGLE ONE of our pictures...from DIFFERENT ANGLES:

As soon as we left the stage, he stopped us to ask if we'd be in his "video":
And this was our response (note my roommate "hiding" by pressing her face into the wall):
Question #1: WHY does this man want 25 pictures of random girls singing?
Question #2: WHAT is he planning to do with them?

I can't figure out whether I should be semi-flattered (as in, it's only because I'm attractive, approachable, etc.) or devastated (do these creep shows actually think they have a chance?!)

Whatever it is, I'm definitely switching my perfume.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twenty bucks says that you are this dude's new wallpaper for his bedroom.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know! What's up with clueless men? I don't get it.

6:40 PM  
Blogger londongirl said...

I'm with b-dub. You're now a poster in his bedroom. Eeek.

I normally attract a lot of 50 year old fat men (the type who could rest a beer on their gut) - not quite sure what it is about me that says "yep, come on over, you look hot to me baby".

Definitely change the perfume. Worth a try.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home