Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So She's a Jolly Good Feller

It's hard to believe that it's already 2007. Part of me still feels like it's 2005.

I usually feel wistful about saying goodbye to an old year, but this year I feel ambivalent. 2006 was...interesting. To say the least. Some parts were amazing, and some were...not so amazing.

In the past year, I stumbled upon incredible new friendships and rekindled some old ones. I also lost a friend or two, but found myself along the way.

I got my heart broken. But because of it, I learned to love myself completely.

I discovered (the hard way) that being a good human being doesn't always guarantee good fortune. But that you should still strive to be one anyway.

I proved to myself that I could stand on my own two feet, alone. But had a mild panic attack or two in the process.

I realized that it rarely matters what anyone else thinks.

I learned that true happiness has nothing to do with your circumstances.

I became me.

So, my goals for 2007, blah, blah, blah:
  • Become a banjo prodigy (shoot for the stars, right?)
  • Practice selflessness on a daily basis.
  • Try something new that scares me to death. (Sky dive? Write a regular column for a major publication?)
  • Stop making snap judgements.
  • Invest in one of these.
  • Write a book.
Here's hoping that 2007 proves fantastic.

Or at least a little more even keel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home