Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Wii Bit O'Fun

I know this might qualify me as a card-carrying member of the geek squad, but I've discovered that I really like to play party games. Board games, drinking games, you name it...if it involves a group of friends and my competitive spirit, I'm all over it.

Wednesday has become one of my favorite nights of the week due solely to trivia at Sam's. There's just nothing like drinking pitchers and firing off random knowledge with friends to make an evening magical.

Last night, eight of us showed up early to a) ensure we got a good booth and b) gorge on chicken tenders. A short while later, the judges arrived and started setting up their equipment. We'd already decided on a fabulous team name ("Dick-in-a-Box": both funny and timely!) and were ready to rock the house right.

8 o'clock came and went. About ten minutes past, I marched myself up to the judges' table and inquired as to the delay. They informed me that Sam's had just barred everyone from playing because it would "interfere" with the damn Sugar Bowl.

Well, I wasn't having that. I'd shown up ready for some trivia and damnit, trivia was going to happen. So I rounded up the crew and we headed back to my house for a makeshift game of our own.

After setting up the Trivial Pursuit board, rigging up the karaoke mic and dividing into teams, we were all set for a little healthy rivalry. Which turned into a solid three hours o'fun. So "game night" just might become a regular occurrence.

(Yes, I do realize I sound eerily like a 75-year-old woman living in a mobile home retirement community in Central Florida. Shuffleboard, anyone?)

Speaking of games (and since I've already let slip a little of my inner geekiness), I kind of want a Wii.

No lie.

Because it honestly looks like a lot of fun...AND you can get exercise at the same time! (At least enough to warrant this.)

The only drawback? Feeling like an idiot in your own living room while you do this:

There. It's out. I'm officially a dork.

Next up: World of Warcraft and the quest for The Sword of a Thousand Truths.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you marry me?

I'm only half kidding...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home