Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Note to Self

I will never go to the grocery store drunk ever again.

Last night, after having my fair share of free beers at a Junior Chamber meeting, I decided to swing by Kroger for a "few things". Which somehow turned into $103 worth.

I happily hummed as a pushed my buggy through the aisles and apparently grabbed anything that appealed to me in the moment.

Which is why I now have a family-size jar of queso and several boxes of Little Debbies sitting in my pantry. Sweeeeet.

I did manage to make friends with the guy next to me at the self-checkout station though. Together, we made fun of the automated lady's robotic voice and laughed out loud when she screwed up. I think he was secretly impressed to discover an attractive female with enough junk food to feed a fraternity house.

Too bad I didn't get his number. I could have had him over for more chicken wings and snack cakes than he could possibly handle.

4 Comments:

Blogger ceeelcee said...

For the love of all that is holy, do NOT get a Costco card.

I'm just sayin...

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing Kroger was there to sober you up before you drove the rest of the way home.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sucessfully scolded.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a mean scolding adult, I know. It's for your own good, though!! :)

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home