Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Public Service Announcement

What is it with men who wear their work socks at the gym? Every single time I work out, there's guaranteed to be at least one male sporting dress socks with their running shoes.

It baffles me.

Granted, I'm never the most fashionably dressed person at the gym (mainly because I work out at the posh Green Hills Y and there is always at least one breast-implanted housewife in ridiculous amounts of matching spandex), but at least my attire is "gym appropriate".

Argyle socks, on the other hand, don't belong anywhere near a treadmill.

I've yet to figure out if these men are simple fashionably ignorant or they just plain don't care. Whatever the reason, it's downright impossible to look hot doing hammer curls in the full-length mirror when you're sporting merino dress socks.

So men, I know it's hard to remember to throw a pair of gym socks into your gym bag before you leave for work in the mornings...but make the effort. Please.

Or else I just might be forced to snicker openly at you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! did you see the most recent episode of beauty and the geek where one of the geeks works out in tan dress socks? I thought of you!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home